Choosing the perfect 3D printer for your needs can be an overwhelming endeavor due to the multitude of available options. This article presents the best budget FDM 3D printers that you can purchase for under $200.
Creality Ender 3 Pro | Price Range: $169 to $199
Recognized as one of the world's best-selling 3D printers, the Creality Ender 3 Pro has made a substantial mark in the market. Creality, a highly reputable 3D printer manufacturer, holds the record of over 4.5 million global sales, surpassing the combined sales of the next nine competitors.
- Affordability: With a starting price of just $169, the Creality Ender 3 Pro stands out as one of the most budget-friendly FDM 3D printers on the market.
- Strong User Base: As the Creality Ender 3 Pro is the best-selling 3D printer of all time, it benefits from a robust community of users and a wealth of information available online to help troubleshoot common issues such has 3D printer bed leveling. Countless forums, YouTube videos, and blog posts are available to help solve any issues or roadblocks you may encounter on your 3D printing journey.
- Upgradeability: The Ender 3 Pro is an incredibly simple machine that uses off-the-shelf parts. This makes it very easy to repair and upgrade, and there's a complete market of third-party upgrades and parts available.
- Open Source: The Creality Ender 3 is completely open source. While this has resulted in many Ender 3 clones flooding the market, it also means that numerous upgrades are available.
- Reliability: While the Ender 3 Pro is very affordable, it isn't a plug-and-play 3D printer and will require continual tuning and adjustments, such as bed leveling and calibration.
- Setup: The Creality Ender 3 Pro comes essentially as a kit, which means it requires assembly. Assembly can take anywhere from 1-3 hours depending on your experience with 3D printers.
- Speed: The Creality Ender 3 Pro may not be the fastest 3D printer on the market, but this doesn't mean you can't upgrade it to enhance its speed.